Beckilina

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Broke oh so broke

Despite the degree.
Despite a CV crammed full of research in the Caucasus and lifeboat steering in South Wales.
Despite my amazing telephone manner and unsurpassable ability to combat obstacles - at home and in the office - it seems I am unemployable.

... sigh...

Cardiff recruitment agencies don't seem interested in ethical investment campaigns or experience with teaching english in South America. They really don't care about the fourteen plays I've got involved in over the last four years, or two summers of running 'art and mural classes' in Guatemala. In fact, they don't even seem to appreciate my immense christmas cake factory experience from the summer of 2002.

When they ask me what I've been doing since I left school 5 years ago - I begin to start to wonder.

It is all a bit worrying - I need to pull together 400 pounds for Meta come August. So far, I'm at a grand total of zero (well technically I'm in the minuses thanks to my vast student loan - but I'm not counting that). I am offering my services as a cleaner and painter extrodinaire to parent's friends and family, while also upping the sponsership drive and working on daily begging phone calls to 'New Directions', 'Office Angels' and 'Red Recruitment'. If I fail to secure the 400 by the close of July I may have to resort to prostitution. If any of you know any other money making schemes -share the knowledge. I'm off to drink some water and eat a crust of bread salvaged from a rubbish tip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home