Beckilina

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Back to school and weekends

For the first time in five years I have a 9-5 school timetable. And when I say school, other than the school uniform I really do mean school. There's the school bag and the books, and the telling off if you don't do your homework, there's the registration of our names, the grade reports sent back to the parents (in this case the head of our program), there's even the same silly giggling fits you get when you're a teenager. The only annoying part is that we are all grown up enough to realise that we have chosen this ordeal and it's in our own good to be going through the system. However there are advantages. My new-found joy at weekends is just one of those.

Just as I used to run from llanishen high with joy in my steps every friday at 3.21 - ready to shove my school bag in the back of the closet and forget everything until sunday night, so too fridays here are the most beautiful of days, and sunday nights the most depressing. In my new life, weekends are the luxuriant centre of my otherwise wholesome but slightly uninteresting sandwich. Saturday and sunday are the filling that bring out just how wholesome the surrounding bread is. They inspire me that studying japanese is important and neccesary and dare I say it without appearing like a geek .. fun?. They remind me that I want to learn japanese and that Japan is beautiful, interesting and is slowly becoming my new home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home