Beckilina

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

kanjified distance...

There`s been a bit of a gap in my blogging recently.

Somehow I`m almost scared to come back to it all. At the moment blogging reminds me of how far away and distant everyone who reads it is - and I think as the rain pours in Tokyo, I`m done with long distant phone calls and emails and the grey hazinnes of people seen out of the corner of my eye, as opposed to in solid shapes. Or alteast for the moment. It`s nothing against you dear people. It`s just some kind of technological boycott. An unwinnable fight with gmail and blogspot. No doubt fuelled in part by the lack of internet in my new place and the hundreds and hundreds of kanji that I have to cram for tomorrow.

A friend wrote to me recently that distance now, thanks to technology is more emotional than it is real. That may be so, but emotion still feels very real every now and again - and no amount of technological interaction can quite get rid of that sensation.

1 Comments:

Blogger CBMW said...

My dear Becky,

Keep smiling.

Love Charlie

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home