Beckilina

Friday, December 09, 2005

Last week of term

With the purging of a 5000 word essay, the final performance of the play and now finally the end in sight - things are clarifying themselves once again. Judging i-movie short films, drinking coffee with old friends and planning christmas parties for next week are filling my days.

The ice makes us slip slide our way into town each day and the feel of Christmas has drapped itself in spruced up fairy lights and tinsel over our three little streets - it is glittering - and all at once there is such an energy and desire for escape. Stressed out directors worry over who will show up to auditions, beach parties are continually organized and cancelled. And all of us are beginning to push against each other in desperate efforts to leave, to escape - to break free. The whirlwind of activiities is culminating and slowing down - and although the dissertations ugly head remains heavy on our shoulders - we want Christmas so badly that we don't even care to think about it.

Finally, a dear dear old friend is back in the country - after 3 months in the Chad and I crave to hear and catch up with her - even as I await two more friends from America who arrive tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, a confession. I stumbled across Caliban's writings, and then through his into yours. I can't quite say how pleased I am to have found both. I wasn't planning on commenting or even letting you know that I'd done any reading at all, but you left a comment for him a while back that stuck with me, mainly because it mirrored EXACTLY the sort of questions I've been tossing around with a friend across the Atlantic. Mostly about what we write, and where to draw the line between the public and private. I was pleased to see we share a common pattern of thought in that regard, and I went back to some of the correspondence to read things I've written that are eerily similar.

All that to say I'm very glad I found this. I relate to some of it in a way I hadn't anticipated at all, and perhaps I'll be checking in here and there for any updates you might provide. Well, who am I kidding. Perhaps nothing.

-Z

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home