Beckilina

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rainer Maria Rilke 1905

I live my life in widening rings
which spread over earth and sky.
I may not ever complete the last one,
but that is what I will try.

I circle around God, the primordial tower,
and I circle ten thousand years long;
and I still don't know if I'ma falcon,a storm
or an unfinished song.

1 Comments:

Blogger Selmo said...

Ich lebe mein Leben in wachsenden Ringen,
die sich ueber die Dinge ziehen.
Ich werde den letzten vielleicht nicht vollbringen,
aber versuchen will ich ihn.

Ich kreise um Gott, den uralten Turm,
und ich kreise jahrtausende lang.
und ich weis noch nicht: bin ich ein Falke, ein Sturm,
oder ein grosser Gesang.

(a great song, not an unfinished song! I like that a lot more!)


THIS IS MY FAVOURITE POEM, BECKY!
I know it's months ago that you posted this, but it makes me feel a lot closer to you right now, that I'm sitting in a dark room in Milano, lit only by my screen and a tiny orange light from the computer on Matilde's brother's desk, that seems to be working away at something while he sleeps... and you are somewhere in Tokyo, I think - well, by now you must be.

I miss you, my dear and I sincerely hope to see you soon.
My plans are still unclear. Meeting Robbie in London was wonderful and he made me see that I really should do that trip I'd planned originally - by land to Damascus (or Uzbekistan or wherever... past Turkey, anyway!). So I think I'll do that, then do an Arabic course in Damascus, to make sure I don't forget it... then who knows and in February do the apprenticeship on the Farm School in Israel... In shah allah.

By the way (after all, this is a comment on your blog...) - I think you've got some updating to do here... I want to know all about Japan, but settle in first and take it all in.

A big hug from Italy,

Your
Anselmo

P.S.: Today was 9/11 and I didn't even notice... how weird.

P.P.S.: I love you.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home