Beckilina

Friday, July 03, 2009

Muddy Lakes

It is over.

A year and two months in Burma and here I am on the other side.

I am home - cramped up in my over-full bedroom, amongst the piles of parasols, lacquer-ware and newspaper. But this is not really my home anymore. It is a storage space where my parents live.

I am in a daze, where reflection seems dangerous, like stirring the surface of a murky lake.

1 Comments:

Blogger luvmegumi said...

Dear Becky- Welcome back home. I hope your time in Burma was deeply insightful and I can't wait to properly sit down and talk with you. I'm hoping to come to the West Coast at the end of the year, so I hope to catch up if you are around then. Enjoy your time in South Africa! xox

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home