Phnom Penh 4.:30 am
It's been a couple of sleepless nights. I now sit groggily at Phnom Penh International airport, waiting for a cafe to open its doors and let me buy coffee. The last few days have been, in many ways, the beginning of the next project - the documentary film - which over the course of the last 9 months has grown out of some radio pieces my dear friend and I worked on last year, into something more ambitious. We've pulled executive producers on board. We have a director. We have ideas for how it might sound and feel and look.
And now, this weekend, I sat with our main character here in Cambodia and struggled with discussions of his story rights and how to translate 15 pages of legal speak from America, into something understandable and useful to someone who has never looked at any kind of contract before. That, and as more lawyers and advisors come on board and the number of consultants and competing claims for our main character's story grows and grows.
I leave today no closer to a signed contract and heavy with the thought that perhaps we'll need to find someone else to work with on this story.
And now, this weekend, I sat with our main character here in Cambodia and struggled with discussions of his story rights and how to translate 15 pages of legal speak from America, into something understandable and useful to someone who has never looked at any kind of contract before. That, and as more lawyers and advisors come on board and the number of consultants and competing claims for our main character's story grows and grows.
I leave today no closer to a signed contract and heavy with the thought that perhaps we'll need to find someone else to work with on this story.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home