A letter; greys and yellows and the crack of frost of autumn
I received a letter today. It was all full of life and discussions and bursting at the seams with someone I care about very much.
His personality was marked in all the spaces between his words as well as in the annecdotes and ponderings contained within the pages.
And it crept and wound its way through my whole day. Between classes I went into the bathroom at my language school and couldn't stop the tears pouring down my cheeks. Silent sobs in the midst of a frantic usual day at naganuma. It felt as though I was on the edge of this place that is my life in Japan, balancing along the boundary that holds this world I am building here back from other times, places and people that I knew once, that I lived amongst once. If the break between classes had been any longer I think I would have slipped manically and startlingly into someone else's world across a whole ocean and continent in the realisation that I miss them.
But I held myself back. And walked carefully back to our classroom for my kanji test.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home