Beckilina

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New year cards and wild streamers look forward

Today Tokyo has been at its absolute finest. Bright, golden sunshine, plates of sushi for fifty pence a piece, green tea, some of my favourite Daiwa people and new year cards covered in wild boar prints.

I have finally unpacked from arriving back from the UK. In amongst all the train tickets and underground passes I found the remains of a new year's eve horn. It's all crumpled and spitting streamers, but still shrieks at it did at that blues bar we visited. Somehow, linking the world back home and the world here seems easier and more possible, and today feels full of all the potential of the start of a new semester.

Maybe I'm feeling so forward looking because tomorrow I am also twenty four years old; the year of the wild boar is my chinese birth year and somehow, supistitious though it sounds, I hope that means this will be a new start and an easier year than last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home