Beckilina

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

5-weeks post-partum

He has arrived - our number two. I am flooded with relief. He is every bit as precious as our little man and little man dotes on him as much as we do. 

However, our number two also has colic, which means he cannot be put down. So, amongst the adoration and the love are hours on a yoga ball bouncing him up and down, or walking him in the Wenault (or up and down the stairs) strapped onto your body, or trying to shower him/change him/play with him/do anything that will stop the crying. 

This morning is the first time my dad has taken him. It's an experiment. An attempt to get him to lie flat in the pram, as opposed to his favored upright position. 

After thirty hours of labour and a forceps delivery, my pelvic floor is shot and yesterday I was told I have a prolapse - my organs are literally descending through my pelvic floor. 

So, I am under instructions not to lift heavy things (like 2-stone toddlers), to not be on my feet all day (tricky, when your baby insists on being upright and on you or he screams blue murder), and to do 6 rounds of pelvic floor exercises plus yoga so I can avoid surgery... my body has literally chosen the worse possible time to require intense rehabilitation. 

So, my beautiful parents have tried to make a plan. Twice a day they will take number two for a 20-30 minute walk - enough time to do my exercises or lie down with my legs in the air (apparently another helpful option for prolapse), or scratch out a very quick blog to remind myself of this moment. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home