A toddler and a new-born
When does a newborn switch from being a newborn into being a baby?
Our number two has already grown out of our first set of clothes and is currently wearing clothes for a 3-month old - yet, he's only 6-weeks old. My brain has that familiar blurry sense of sleep deprivation - the fog difficult to see through and the emotions all highs and lows.
I multitask everything: I write this sat on a sitz bath, simultaneously composing an email to a physio. When I'm nursing I'm also reading up on why fibre is so important for a diet to avoid further issues 'down there', or doing one of the 6 pelvic floor exercises I must do daily. When I read to our little man, I put my legs up the wall so I can relieve the prolapse. I have bought every treatment, listened to every podcast and signed down to every course. My life centres around rehabilitation and keeping these two children alive. There is room for nothing else.
Yet, it's easier than first time round. Despite the colic and the prolapse, I do not feel so alone. Da Berg is in London three days a week, but here for four. And, I am not in agony over breastfeeding, or battling with a baby with a hernia. I do not feel so alone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home